SANITARY DUES ( FOR TRANSIT PASSAGE )
Calculation of Sanitary Dues is as follows:
0,0604 x US Dollar daily buying rate x vessel’s NT
* If transit nature of a vessel exercising transit return right is changed, then it shall pay full free vessel sanitary due.
* Transit vessel sanitary dues paid by the vessel for which transit nature is changed shall be completed to the amount of free vessel sanitary due.
* If transit vessels returns from the direction they went within six months as transit and submit due receipt or other document during their entry into Turkish straits, transit sanitary due is not collected again. However, if the vessels which are obliged to submit due receipt or other documents fail to submit such then it is mandatory to collect transit vessel sanitary due again. In this case, an additional return right is achieved with the receipt of repayment of such fee.
* Transit sanitary due shall be paid not later than within three working days from the date of passage from straits.
(Source: Official Gazette: 9.5.2008 No: 26871-Application Regulation of Vessel Sanitary Due)
VESSELS WHICH ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY SANITARY DUES
1- Navy vessels
2- Vessels coming for an official visit,
3- Vessels taking refuge at Turkish Ports for compelling reasons like adverse weather conditions, machine failure, accidents and fires and do not perform any commercial operation at the refuge taking Turkish Ports,
4- Vessels which are less than 50 NT (including vessels which are 50 NT ),
5- Vessels which lose their character of commercial operation for reasons like collision, fire and sinking and are towed. But their conditions shall be proved by documents taken from Turkish Official Authorities.
Such vessels are exempt from any sanitary dues.
(Source: Web Site of Türkiye Hudut ve Sahiller Sağlık Genel Müdürlüğü)
LIGHT DUES ( FOR TRANSIT PASSAGE )
( Aegean / Black Sea and/or vice - versa )
Per NT / US Dollar
Up to 800 NT 0,338646
Over 800 NT 0,169323
SALVAGE DUES: 0,08063
( Up and Down Passage)
Dues for lighthouses and rescue services mentioned above are for double-passage from the Straits. Nevertheless, if a commercial vessel passes through the straits later than 6 months as from its entry to the straits for one passage, then such vessel shall pay relevant fees and dues for the second time and fully, notwithstanding to any difference thereof.
If a commercial vessel declares in its departure passage that it would not return in non-stopover, one half of the dues only shall be paid by such vessel. Those vessels that have returned in non-stopover in contravention to their previous declaration shall be subject to full-payment of non-stopover dues.
For a vessel that has initially passed in non-stopover, but not returned so, a difference fee shall be paid according to its voyage status.
If a vessel does not return in non-stopover, despite of the fact that it had initially passed in non-stopover, any of non-stopover dues shall not be giving back. If a vessel completed its free voyage which has initially passed in non-stopover and in case that it has already made a payment for its free passage, one half of such non-stopover dues shall be paid back to such vessel.
CONDITIONS WHICH DO NOT THE TRANSIT STATUS
If those vessels that sail from a foreign port to another foreign port, without calling in at any port throughout the straits and Marmara Sea, in non-stopover, back up with documentary proof their activities concerning particular requirements such as deaths, illnesses, changes of seamen, leave or agency contact, bunkering, provision supply, repairs of faults and deficiencies, etc., which may occur during a period of 48 hours when they could stay at anchorage area as indicated in article 23 of the regulations, on condition that they would obtain necessary permission from the Vessel Traffic Service for the purpose of providing their needs, then their non-stopover status does not become invalid (for vessels to which a certificate of seaworthiness has not been issued by the harbor master’s office, in this connection.)
VESSELS WHICH ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY LIGHT / SALVAGE DUES
The following vessels are held exempted from dues for lighthouses and rescue services ,
1. Foreign flag vessels with a Net Register Tonnage of up to 30 tons (excluding NT of 30 tons)
2. Turkish flag vessels with a Net Register Tonnage of up to 100 tons (excluding NT of 100 tons)
3. Turkish flag fishing and sponges’ vessels with a NRT of up to 300 tons (excluding NT of 300 tons)
4. Battle ships, ships with pennant, as well as scientific research and training (school) ships
5. Floating docks, off shore docks, etc. that is not counted as ships
6. Vessels towed by such ships operating within the boundaries of a port and being subject to annual fee
7. Changes of location within the same port for voyage of entry, or entry-exit circumstances within the same port during loading, unloading of those ships, having already paid up port entry dues.
8. Those ships that have taken refuge or called in at ports and dockyards for such reasons as bearing away to leeward, accident, or breakdown; that have entered into shipyard for any kind of repair – maintenance works; and that have evidenced, in this connection, by virtue of documents to be obtained from relevant official bodies that they would not intend to conduct any commercial activities, will become exempted from port dues only.
9. Those ships that have lost their non-stopover status due to bearing away to leeward, breakdown, and accident shall be exempted from port dues, but pay a difference rate only.
10. Dues payable for such vessels with a tonnage exceeding tonnage of exemption shall be calculated on basis of their total net tonnage
11. Those ships that have to enter into the straits or taken refuge in any ports, due to bad weather conditions, shall be held exempted from the straits and port dues, upon submitting such documents on condition that they obtain necessary permissions from relevant authorities.
Such vessels passing through in non-stopover as defined herein, shall pay non-stopover dues in 7 calendar days commencing from the day of their initial passage to the Strait of Çanakkale or the Strait of İstanbul. However, if the payment is due on an official holiday, non-stopover dues shall be fulfilled on the following working day.
(Source: Web site of Directorate General of Coastal Safety)
PILOTAGE TARIFF ( FOR TRANSIT PASSAGE )
Ahırkapı – Gelibolu: Entire passage between North and South Marmara
Marmara Port:Any port in Sea of Marmara out of Istanbul Port borders
BASIC FEE TABLE FOR PILOTAGE SERVİCES GIVEN OUT OF THE PORT
TYPE OF THE SERVICE Up to 1000 GRT each additional 1000 GRT and its fraction
1- Entrance to and exit from the Golden Horn 210 85
2- Passage through Istanbul or Çannakkale Straits 190 64
3- Ahırkapı-Gelibolu or Marmara Port or its equivalent 190 64
4- Passing from one place to another within borders
of Istanbul Port (except of Strait passage) 158 34
5- Anchoring or heaving up in Büyükdere, Paşabahçe,
Dolmabahçe and Golden Horn anchorage areas 190 64
6- Anchoring or heaving up in anchorage areas of the
Çanakkale Strait, Karanlık Port, Ahırkapı, Kumkapı,
Bakırköy and Yeşilköy 80 22
7- Showing the anchorage area, anchoring and heaving
up, changing the anchorage area (for each service) 42 42
Pilot waiting fee is USD 120 per hour and fractions. Above fees include pilot service boat.
IMPLEMENTATION PRINCIPLES FOR THE SERVICES GIVEN IN THE TURKISH STRAITS
Principles for Pilotage Services: The service stated in lines 2 and 3 of table T.2 compromise a lap. One lap is 3 hours in Istanbul Strait, 5 hours in Çanakkale Strait and 10 hours for passing through the Sea of Marmara. For each excess hour and fraction over lap times; an additional fee, which is calculated by diving lap fee to the lap time, is added on the lap fees. Each lap is started when the pilot comes on board and ends when he / she leaves the board.
If pilot is left due to any reason before point of arrival, the service is deemed completed; in case of a request for a second pilot, also a second service fee is collected separately.
The Ships Stopped in the Turkish Straits: No fee is collected for additional pilotage services, waiting period, anchoring and heaving up services to be given obligatorily to the ships anchoring during their transit passage or passage with stops for a search and control in the ship in line with the instructions given by the Turkish Coast Guard Command, Police Department and / or judicial authorities or due to suspension of traffic in the strait temporarily by the Port Authority or VTS.
Failure of Non – Stopover Passage: If the vessels’ non – stoppover passage fails due to the fact that they had an accident in any location in Marmara or were detained by competent authorities after they pass the strait as non – stopover, no pilotage fee is collected the Strait passage that they completed witout pilot.
Principles Related to Pilotage Services Given in Accordance with the Additional Passage Rules:
1.Lap pilotage fee for ships with an overall lenght over 300 meters and having a total towing lenght of 300 meters and over 300 meters is collected with an additional amount of 100 % of the original fee.
2. Lap pilotage fee for ships with an air draught over 54- 58 meters for Istanbul Strait and ships with an water draft over 35 meters which will pass the Turkish Straits, platforms which are used for laying underwater pipes or oil and antural gaz exploration and other sea vehicles not in the form of a ship is collected with an additional amount of 200 % .The gross tonnage calculation of sea vehicles not in the form of a ship excluding sea vehicle such as Dock, Dummy Barge, Buoy Split ,Hopper Barge , Floating Crane and Barge is to be calculated by multiplying underwater width, length and height (M3)
3. If the service can’t be rendered at the additional service practices applied in scheduled passages due to the reasons not attributable to the oraganization, only the basic fee of the service is collected.
4. If the pilotage services for the passage of Strais which already started can’t be redered because of the force majeure “such as adverse weather condition”,only 50% of the basic fee Schedule is collected.
Ships Going to Shipyards: For pilotage services to be given for ships, floating cranes and other similar sea vehicles entering to or leaving shipyards located in the coast of Sea of Marmara for maintenance and repair purposes and ships which are constructed in these shipyards, a discount rate of 50 % is applied to the basic fee.
Pilotage Fee for Towed Vessels: Pilotage fee for towed passages through the Turkish Straits is calculated basing on the total GRT of the towing and towed vessels.
Ship to be tied up the Pier: ıf the service for vessels which will come alongside the piers and berth in Haliç, Karaköy, Sarayburnu, Haydarpaşa and Zeyport and ships anchoring in Dolmabahçe or mooring to a buoy here starts from mooring borders of the South entrance of Istanbul Strait,no fee is collected for Strait passage or shifting from one point to another point.
BASIC FEE TABLE FOR HIRING SEA VEHICLES
Power of the vehicle (TBP)
Fee per hour and fractionsfor scheduled escort services and hiring (US Dollar)
Fee per hour and fractionsfor non-scheduled escort services and hiring (US Dollar)
Up to 0 - 9,9 300 450
Up to 10 – 19,9 400 600
Up to 20 – 39,9 800 1200
Up to 40 – 59,9 1200 1800
Up to 60 – 79,9 1600 2400
Up to 80 – 99,9 2200 3300
Up to 100 and above 3800 5700
1-Waiting fee is half of the basic fee. If a pilot boat is hired for a purpose other than hiring purpose, a fee of USD 300 is collected for each hour and fractions. The fixed fee for scheduled escort service given to tank Ships in Istanbul strait is USD 6000.
2-Special rental demans of ERV Nene Hatun Ship without vessels purpose of Emergency Response ; will be priced than official tariff as separately
IMPLEMENTATION PRINCIPLES FOR THE SERVICES GIVEN IN TURKISH STRAITS
Principles for Towage Services
1- Use of hired sea vechile for a purpose other than hiring purpose and scope is subject to approval of the organization.
2- Fees for scheduled and non – scheduled escort services exculuding Salvage – Assistance situations are calculated basing on the basic fees stated in table 3. In any case, minimum 1 hour service fee is collected. For service time exceding 1 hour, one forth of the fee is collected for each 15 minutes and fractions.
3- For taking a scheduled escort service, the related request must have been submitted before SP2 Report or before departure from the port / berthing place.
4- Powered sea vehicles hiring fee is collected for a time period which starts when the sea vehicle is left the berthing place and ends by returning of the cehilce to the same place. However, the periods in which no services have been given due to fault of the Institution shall not be taken into consideration during calculation of the cost.
5- In case powered sea vehicles are waited without running their engine, waiting period fee stated in table 3 is collected.
6- In towed passages, if a tugboat having the pulling power envisaged in the report is not avaible and /or the desired pulling power is obtained by use of towboats in different pulling powers, the applicable fee is calculated basing on the boat number and / or pulling power envisaged in the report.
7- If the service can’t be redered at the additional service practices applied in scheduled passges due to the reasons not attributable to the organization, only the basic fee of the service is collected.
8- Tugboat sevice redered within the scope of the safety of navigation, life, property and environment on the outside of Istanbul and Çanakkale Straits is only sebjected to the fees specified in hiring column of table.
9- If the scheduled passage doesn’t commence due to suspension of traffic in strait temporaily no fee will be collected.
1- Hourly tugboat fee for ship with an overall lenght over 300 meters and having a total towing length of 300 meters and over 300 meters is collected with an additional amount of 200 % of original fee.
2- Hourly togboat fee for ships with an air draught over 54 – 58 meters for Istanbul Strait and vessels with a water draft over 25 meters which will pass the Turkish Straits, platforms which are used for
laying underwater pipes, or oil and natural gaz exploration and other sea vehicles not in the form of a ship is collected with an additional amount of 300 % of the original fee.
ANCHORING TARIFF FOR ALL PORTS (For vessels which violate transit status)
It is received for all Turkish ports upon request once a time monthly and annually for Cargo and passanger vessels whose anchoring time passes 3 days.
Vessels monthly coefficient is GT X 0,05 US Dollar,
Annually coefficient is GT X 0,10 US Dollar.
AGENCY SERVICE FEE ( FOR TRANSIT PASSAGE )
(Tarrif No:3 Agency Services as per official Gazette No: 26812 dated on 10.03.2008)
BASIC FEES OF VESSELS PASSING THROUGH THE STRAITS OF DARDANELLES AND BOSPHORUS
Vessel’ s Net Tonnage Basic fees for each passage through one Strait, in EURO
0 – 1000 100
1001 – 2000 145
2001 – 3000 170
3001 – 4000 200
4001 – 5000 230
5001 – 7500 280
7501 – 10000 320
10001 – 20000 per 1000NT or fraction thereof 15
20001 – 30000per 1000NT or fraction thereof 10
30001 – 40000per 1000NT or fraction thereof 5
40001 – 50000per 1000NT or fraction thereof 5
Over 50001 per 1000NT or fraction thereof 5
A-These basic fees are for one passage through on of the Straits irrespective of direction.
B-During vessels passages form Turkish Straits, the dues and fees paid in full by the first nominated agent, when agent is changed during vessels return, the ½ of these dues are charged by first nominated agent to the vessels second agent. The second nominated agent is obliged to pay the charged amount the first nominated agent.
C-Tug boat escorted vessels passing from Turkish Straits:
a) Vessels upto 300 mtrs Length,
25% (twentyfive) will be added to the Agency Basic Fees,
b) Towing vessels and Sea Vehicles.
50% (fifty) will be added to Agency Fees,
c) Vessels over 300 mtrs lenght or vessels passing under special permission.
75% (seventyfive) will be added to Agency Basic Fees,
D-In cases when vessels stay at port is extended causing for her transit condition to change into free pratique, 25% (twentyfive) will be added to the Agency Fee ( Agency fee being for 2 straits)
PROTECTING AGENCY SERVICE FEE
(Tarrif No:4Protecting Agency Services as per official Gazette No: 26812 dated on 10.03.2008)
BASIC FEES OF VESSELS PASSING THROUGH THE STRAITS OF DARDANELLES AND BOSPHORUS:
Vessel’ s Net Tonnage Basic fees for each passage through one Strait, in EURO
0 – 1000 50
1001 – 2000 73
2001 – 3000 85
3001 – 4000 100
4001 – 5000 115
5001 – 7500 140
7501 – 10000 160
10001 – 20000per 1000NT or fraction thereof 8
20001 – 30000per 1000NT or fraction thereof 5
30001 – 40000per 1000NT or fraction thereof 3
40001 – 50000per 1000NT or fraction thereof 3
Over 50001 per 1000NT or fraction thereof 3
These basic fees are for one passage through one of the straits irrespective of direction.